Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Trip

Hi all. We stayed at my cousin Sara's house in Knoxville Friday night and flew to Las Vegas Saturday morning. Then we rented a car and drove to see Grandma and Grandpa Heaton in Colorado City. That night, Shelly and her mom went out to Sharice's baby shower. Tonight, we are enjoying a visit from Jake and Nicole's bunch and Jon and Janice with their little Kaylee. Many pictures included.
It was a long trip, but the kids did really well. Jeffrey is kind of not feeling well, but hopefully he'll bounce back. Ben couldn't be happier running around after his Grandpa. It has already been worth the trip to see all the fun they are having.
I'm very grateful to be out of school and over my horrible stomach bug. Sorry Mom, but I only weighed 137 lbs on Friday (with clothes and shoes on!). I need to put some weight back on.
I can't believe how much got thrown at me this past month, right at the end when I was trying to study for finals. I started making a list of it all, including the two people I helped move, the trip to the ER with Ben for his croup attack, the two weeks in a row of being up with sick kids and being sick myself all night, etc. But despite the trials, we have made it through. I know that the Lord continues to bless us. Right now, I feel like we are enjoying a few moments of well-earned relaxation.
Will continue to update on the trip.
Love, Brian.

No comments: