Regardless of where we end up for residency, I really enjoyed touring through Charleston last week. So much so that I had to bring Shelly back with me for a "second look" this past weekend. We went to a little reception where I got to meet some more residents, and we spent the next day visiting places we might live. Please feel free to live vicariously through these pictures.
Folly Beach
Stranded starfish. I threw this one back.
"I'll never let go Jack. I'll never let go"
I love the cobblestone streets
Houses on the Battery
Saint Philip's Episcopal Church. Love walking by here and seeing the old graveyard.
Yes, that date says 1681. These tombstones were old.
On our return visit, I had the to-die-for recipe: Shrimp and Grits. SO good. Also, tried fried green tomatoes for the first time and some of Shelly's bean cake. All this at the Hominy Grill.
A return trip to Folly Beach.


















1 comment:
WOW! Residency is coming up?! SO EXCITING!!! Charleston looks fabulous. I love the picture of Folly Beach. I LOVE BEACHES! Hope all is well with you guys! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment