Okay, it has been WAY too long since I've posted something on here. In my defense I've been waiting until I can post pictures. Unfortunately right now our camera battery is dead and I need to go get a charger for it still. Things just keep coming up, so many cute things have happened that I haven't had my camera for, I definately miss it.
A quick congratulations to Derek and Sharice for their new addition, Kael!
We've had a few "interesting" moments around here lately since Brian started back at school again. It seems like everything has to happen at once instead of one thing at a time. We had our friends Emily and Dave Wilhite move into the basement. It has been really nice having them live down there, especially when one of us needs to run to the store quickly and doesn't want to wake a baby up! Unfortunately since they've moved in, we've had some things that have needed to be fixed (i.e. the refrigerator that doesn't freeze or freezes too much,the dishwasher that wouldn't drain). They've been such good sports about being our guinee pigs in the new basement!
The most recent thing is that we had sewage backing up into their bathroom every time they ran their washing machine during the draining cycle. I know, so gross!!!! Luckily it was not a problem that was a result of us not doing the plumbing right, evidently our pipes outside had some MAJOR problems though. We had to get the city sewage guys out here with a backhoe to dig up our backyard and fix some broken pipes that caused HUGE amounts of tree roots to grow into the main city line. Luckily they didn't charge us, but it sure was an adventure! They accidently cut the main cable line running through our yard during the process so a few of our neighbors were without their cable and internet yesterday. It is FINALLY fixed and we can relax again just in time for Brian and Jeffrey to get sick. :) Things are looking up now that we don't have any plumbing emergencies staring us in the face. We borrowed our neighbor's camera for pictures of the backhoe and the broken pipes, I just need to get them uploaded, so pictures of our plumbing disaster are soon to come! Hope everyone is enjoying their day! -Shelly-
2 comments:
Sounds like you have lots of fun lately :) How is the pregnancy going?
That would be so nice...to run to the store if there is a sleeping baby because someone is there! Crazy about your backyard...glad it was free!
Post a Comment