Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wisdom teeth and a visit from Auntie Sharice!!!

For those who don't know, I decided that my wisdom teeth needed to come out ASAP about two weeks ago. Well when I decided things just kind of fell into place really fast. After calling my little sister Sharice near tears begging her to come out and watch my kids for me while I was recovering, the plans were set and in motion. Sharice was so wonderful to come out, especially on such short notice! We couldn't have done it without her, she was a HUGE help and it was so great to finally meet baby Kael! She was such a trooper and traveled with a buddy pass and just took whatever flights were available. My surgery got bumped from Wednesday to Thursday so we had a day to ourselves where we went and got my hair cut and got to enjoy one another. She didn't get to see much of East Tennessee, but what she saw, I think she liked. :) Who knows, maybe she and Derek will come out here for medical school? We could only hope! After my surgery she was only here for a couple of days, but we still managed to give each other pedicures and have some fun. I was pretty out of it from my pain medication for a while. I had trouble with the "creepy crawlies" on my skin, but Sharice and Brian took great care of me. I think everyone has that really embarrassing story of something they did when they were coming out off of their anesthesia, evidently I had to pee urgently and then they were taking me out to the car and when they got to the door, I INSISTED that I had to go again....those poor women were so patient with me. Sharice and Brian can probably tell you more about after I got home and how "non-compliant" I was. :) That's my drugged up and crazy story, I want to hear everyone elses, so if you have a funny wisdom teeth story, leave it as a comment so we can all enjoy it! Sorry...these are the only pictures I have, hopefully Sharice will send me some of hers to post too. Love, Shelly. p.s. I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I'm going to post the video Brian took of me coming out of the oral surgeon's office, hope someone else can get a good laugh out of a drugged up pregnant chick too! :)

4 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

ROFLMAO!! Okay, seriously, I love you Shelly. You are so awesome to allow us to have a glimpse into your life, even the uncomfortable moments!
When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I loved the anesthesia so much, I actually didn't WANT them to wake me up! Actually, I remember nothing except my mother rubbing my leg and making comments about how I haven't shaved in a while! I guess I don't remember the part where the nurses tried for 10 minutes to wake me up, and got no response so they got my mom to see if she would have any better luck. LOL, I didn't want to.... it was so comfortable......LOL, the same thing happened when I had my gallbladder removed. The nurses actually just stuck me in front of their station and waited for me. I fought like crazy to wake up, because I was so comfortable, I didn't want it to end!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

I don't have a funny wisdom teeth story, but Jon did take a funny video of me right before my surgery that I had to have after Kaylee was born. I thought I was talking normal the whole time but was in reality talking very slowly. Any way watching you video reminded me of how funny I was from anesthesia. Ahh... drugs. Hope you are healing nicely. We love you guys.

The Bunker Bunch said...

I hope you are feeling better!!! Only two weeks left!

Krissy said...

LOLOLOL ... LOLOLOL ... I so don't mean to laugh at you ... BUT DANG! LOL That was HILARIOUS! lol So, I really don't have a funny story about my wisdom teeth coming out, because my dentist didn't put me under! :( I even DROVE myself home after the appointment!! WHAT?!?! WHY!?! lol The most embarrassing thing to happen to me was the obligatory drool coming out of my mouth and I had no idea cause it was all too numb to tell. lol Great.