Megan Kimberly Nyberg was delivered by cesarean section on Wednesday, November 5th at 1:20 pm EST. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 12 oz, about 20" long and got an 8/9 Apgar score. She was pink and cried well and looked big and healthy. We're so happy to have our beautiful baby girl with us and can't wait to introduce the boys to their new baby sister!
Shelly did really well through the surgery (which I recorded in all its gory details for posterity) and made it through the recovery just fine, although she was cold and shivering from the effects of the spinal and had some heartburn and abdominal pain. Once she warmed up and got some pain medication, she was doing a lot better, although she did have some hemorrhaging and required some meds for the bleeding too.
For those of you who haven't heard yet, this wasn't the expected due date. We had the C-section scheduled for Tuesday Nov 11th, but Shelly was having lots of painful contractions and went into the hospital today to get checked out. Once they found she was dilated to 1 &1/2 cms, 50% effaced, and having pretty regular strong contractions, our doctor decided to proceed with the surgery and we were only too happy to oblige!
Some of you have asked if we are done having kids. Although we do make beautiful babies, I must admit, we think 3 C-sections is enough for poor Shell's body. She had a tubal ligation done as part of the C-section today.
Wanted to let you all know and get the word out. We are doing well; we have a few Church members volunteering to help watch Benjamin and Jeffrey in the mornings and wonderful medical students who are helping watch them in the afternoons and bring meals over. This is great because it means I can still go to class and study for my exam on Monday. Then next week on Monday, we have hired someone to watch the boys during class time until Shelly has recovered. So that's the scoop!
We love and miss you all. Hope you will get a chance to meet our beautiful Megan in person very soon. We'll keep you posteed!
Love, Brian.
PS: Here is the gory birth video. Watch at you're own peril!
11 comments:
WOO HOO! We are so excited that Megan is here. I told Kaylee that her baby cousin was here and she laughed. :) Megan is sooo beautiful. We love you all, & hope Shell recovers nicely.
Oh my goodness . .she is beautiful! Congratulations to the both of you.
Shelly and Brian!!!!! YEAH!!! Glad all is well and hope Shelly is continuing to do well. So glad you have a girl. Thanks for the great update. Someday we hope to meet Megan!
Love the Robertsons
Yeah! I'm the first commenter!!!! SHE'S a CHUNKY MONKEY!!! hehehe I love her already!!!! she's sooooo cute for just coming out!!! I guess that's from the c-section! haha Look at the future Dr. Nyberg all ready to go too! I'm so proud of you guys!!!! Way to go! She's beautiful! Congrats! We love you!
YAY!!!! My boys made me play the movie 3 times! They loved it. (Better then showing them a vaginal birth video anyday). CONGRATS!!!! And I'm so glad everyone is healthy. I just wish I could be there to hold her. And now your life begins with a princess!!!! We're sooo happy for you all!
P.S. CUTE HAIR SHELLY!!!! hehehe
Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations you guys! She's such a cute little thing! :) I'll be back home from Charlotte on Saturday, so if you need anything next week, let me know!
Shelly!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! She is so beautiful! I am so happy for your little family!
Congrats on your new addition, Nyberg family! I wish I could be there to keep the boys while Shelly recovered, but our prayers and best wishes are with you :) She is beautiful, thank you for sharing your lives with us!
Congrats!!! I can't wait to meet little Megan in person!!! I am so happy for you, and if you need anything please let us know! :)
Congrats! I am so glad everything went well:) Little Megan is a cutie!!
Melinda
Post a Comment