Wednesday, February 04, 2009

One for the books.

I've been having issues with my camera battery again (surprise surprise) so I haven't posted pictures for a while. Anyway, I have a story I wanted to write down so the boys can know what it was like for me raising them when they were toddlers toddling everywhere.

Yesterday I was picking Ben up from his speech therapy appointment with Jeffrey and Megan in tote. Well there is a Grandmother there that loves to talk, and as everyone knows, I love to talk too, so it was a bad combination. I sent the boys out in the hall to wait for the elevator and then I went back in to grab Megan only to come out and find the boys nowhere to be found in the 5 story building (we were on the 3rd floor). I wasn't sure what to do, I could hear them in the elevator, but I couldn't get the door to open, so I got on the elevator next to it and went down to the 2nd floor hoping to find them. What I found was Ben standing there by himself and very proud of himself for sending his brother back on down to the first floor. I could hear people talking about what a cute little boy they had found and wondering where his mommy was. It sounded so near that I searched the entire 2nd floor thinking he was there, but it was just me being able to hear into the elevator shaft again and eventually a woman from the bank below and the grandmother I had been talking to came out with a very smiley Jeffrey. To top it all off, the woman at the bank gave them both suckers once we got to the bottom floor! I now know that I have to be carefull around elevators because Ben is all too eger to ship his brother off and knows how to do it too! There, that's my bad mom story of the week and thought I'd share. Pictures of the kids to come soon. -Shelly-

6 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

That's a good story. Ben is really tall, it's not surprising that he can reach the buttons. How funny. I'm glade that everything turned out o.k.

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story....I can almost see it now.I think i would be panicking.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny Shelly. I think i would be panicking. LOL

Jill said...

I don't think we ever realized the things we'll have to go through before we become a Mom. I laughed when I read your story. Ben probably though he was just being a good big brother.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow! I would have been stressed out. Glad you found them okay and that there were nice ladies around. How is it with three kids??? We are doing well. I am hanging out here and Lee at home. I look forward to pictures!

Anonymous said...

oh boy, how i love it!