Friday, June 26, 2009
The Prodigal Blankie Has Returned!
I found it!!!! I went back to the store after the kids were asleep and left my neighbor to watch the house and I searched EVERYWHERE. Couldn't find it, I asked where all the trash cans were (as Jeffrey's blankie could easily be confused with trash) and couldn't find it in there. Then as I was checking the outside trashes a guy was on his smoke break and asked if I was looking for something and I told him my sob story and he said "I know where it is" and it was hanging off a display of cider! It was really easy to miss and he'd just BARELY seen it right before his break. I tell you what, the Lord answers prayers! Many tears were shed and I hugged a guy I didn't know that reeked of smoke because I was so happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh NO!!!... That is so sad. I am so happy you were able to find the blankie. This is exactly why as soon as Kaylee attached to her Lamby I insisted that we get her not 1, but 2, more. You know just in case of disaster, and also so she wouldn't freak out anymore when it was in the wash. I couldn't imagine losing a beloved comfort object... You are such a great Mom for going back and hunting for it.
Wow, the things we do for our kids. Way to go mom! I don't know that I would have hugged the guy, you must have been really really happy.
Ainsley has become attached to the blanket she sleeps with in the past couple of months. She screams if I leave it in her crib when I take her out in the morning....sigh...so she has to take it everywhere. I don't know what I'd do if we lost it! Glad you found his blankie, that's awesome of you to go and find it for him.
Post a Comment