Now I'm not usually a softie for cats, but this one was just persistent. He kept coming by our house and playing really nicely with the kids. Obviously, someone is missing their cat and we need to post some signs around the neighborhood. Not a typical stray cat; had a flea collar on too.
When we didn't see or hear from the kitty for a few days, we didn't think anything of it. But when I opened up our van last night to finish putting the car seats back inside, the kitty jumped out of the passenger seat! Apparently, he had been trapped inside for about 24 hours when I closed the trunk of the van and I didn't realize he was inside! Of course, he had pooped all over inside, which I had to clean up. But I felt bad for him and, against my better judgment, set out some cat food and a dish of water on the porch. He ate like it was Thanksgiving and spent the remainder of the evening purring and trying to climb up into my lap.
Then I decided that I would fix the outdoor GFCI outlet on the porch so I could plug in an electric mat. While I was trying to work, he kept getting in the way and finally succeeded in jumping up on my shoulders. I eventually gave up on the outlet (had the wrong kind of GFCI to replace it, I think) but set up a little covered area with a blanket for him to sleep on. I know, I know, I pretty much just got myself a new pet. But I'm going to try to find his owner, nonetheless. Still toying with names, though.... Peanut? Norman? Shire Kahn?
1 comment:
A CAT?!?! Are you kidding me?! I hate those things (even though I had quite a few growing up). Looks like you have another addition to potty train then. :) Just so you konw, I think you're crazy and I'm hoping you find it's owners. But I bet your kids LOOOOOOVE it, huh.
Post a Comment