Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mommy gets a haircut

BEFORE
I took this picture of Shelly this morning before going to get her hair cut. Of course she looks absolutely beautiful.
AFTER
Wow, what a change! She looks great, doesn't she? What a knock out


A view from the back as well.
Today we had a fun day at home as a family. It's the beginning of my one and only week off this year, so we're taking time to enjoy it before I start the new rotation in OB/GYN. I'm really looking forward to that. This coming Saturday, Shelly and I are going to drive down to the temple in Columbia, South Carolina and do work their for some of my deceased ancestors. We have been talking to the kids about the temple and the importance of going there. Shelly gave an excellent talk in church this Sunday on that subject. I couldn't go because someone had to be home with Jeffrey (earlier in the week I diagnosed him with Hand Foot and Mouth; a mild viral illness but still not something you want other parents in the nursery freaking out about) but I heard her talk was great. Then she came home and traded places with me so I could go teach the lesson in Elders Quorum.
Anyways, today I got up early with Ben and got him off to school on the school bus, then seemed to have boundless energy even though I'd been up late reading a gripping Joel Rosenberg book. So I cleaned up in the kitchen, went on a run, and lifted some weights in the missionaries' apartment downstairs. Elder Jensen is still with us and was joined by a different Elder Thomas who was able to figure out how to set up the cables and pulleys for the weight set, so now we have that going. They love living here, and I don't blame them. Hopefully, I can make it a habit to go down and work out with them. Look out, Mr Universe... I'm gunning for ya'.
Later this morning, Shelly gave me another hair cut. She's getting really good at it; I don't think I'll ever spend another dime at the barber. Then we all went out as a family to run some errands and let Shelly get her hair cut too. Then we bought pumpkins from a pumpkin patch for us to carve with the missionaries. We got them two huge pumpkins so they could put them over their heads and pose on Sleepy Hollow Rd. We'll post that picture when we have it.
We got some great pictures and video of the pumpkin hunting today, so I put together a little video above. Hope you enjoy it.
Well, once again I have succeeded in staying up inordinately late. But oh well, what are fall breaks for? I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was actually rested and refreshed in the morning.
I'll close this manic episode by wishing you all the best. Know that we love you and mention you in our prayers at night, hoping to see you again in the near future.
Sincerely,
Brian

3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks cute Shelly! It's always fun to have a change.

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

LOVE the new cut!!! You look great as always Shelly.

Project Maniac said...

That is a great look on you Shelly. I really liked short hair. What a fun family activity. That was awesome of you to share it with the missionaries. Have a fun Halloween