Hi family and friends, hope you are all doing well. I'm uploading some pictures that I've taken with my Blackberry recently. Not as good quality, but it's better than nothing!
Life is a bit hectic these days, but we are taking it in stride. I have done my Internal Medicine rotation and have nearly finished my Family Medicine rotation at the hospital in Kingsport (45 minute drive away). Being there by 6 am each morning and working long days in the ICU or ER has been stressful at times, but also a thrill to finally be taking care of patients and making a positive impact in their care. One of my favorite parts about being a medical student is having fewer patients to care for than the residents and therefore more time to spend with each of them really listening to their problems and picking up on important details that might have otherwise been missed. I have gotten great evaluations from the residents and attending with whom I work. One nice thing about being up at the hospital is that they give us a meal card with $20 on it each day. I've been eating breakfast, lunch, and often dinner there with some to spare, so I've been bringing home pints of whole milk from the cafeteria for Megan to drink.
Yes, Megan is on whole milk now and eats table foods ravenously. She is extremely mobile; never more than a few crawls behind her brothers when they are going pee pee in the potty. This makes for some challenging situations when Shelly or I (okay, mostly Shelly) are home alone with them since there are three children and, last time I checked, we only have two arms. I won't gross you out with some of the stories; if you really want to know, ask Shelly. She loves to tell everyone what Meg has put in her mouth lately.
Jeffrey and Ben are both doing well, though they have their good days and their, er... not so good days with potty training (see previous paragraph). Ben got his first real bike with training wheels and he has been learning to pedal it up and down the driveway and then up and down the neighborhood streets when I'm with him. At first he was afraid to speed down the hills, but now he doesn't mind. Sometimes I'll bring the skateboard that one of the missionaries gave to us and coast down the hill next to him. It's actually pretty fun; I can see why people enjoy snowboarding. Maybe someday I'll give it a try.
This weekend I'm on call and we will be watching the church broadcast of General Conference (Saturday and Sunday from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm if you'd like to tune in with us). Next week Shelly's going to be on her own for three full days while I am gone on a health fair in rural southwest Virginia, so please keep her in your prayers!
Now for pictures. Before I post anything else, I want to share this little video I took tonight of the boys. They were playing around with two empty red plastic bins that we use for storing toys. They would hide beneath them and then suddenly pop out and suprise me. They reminded me of little turtles or hermit crabs. Too funny; watch and see.
Bye for now.
Much love, Brian
1 comment:
LOVE the video! Too Funny.
Post a Comment