Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tales from Wales

I got to visit my old mission trainer, Steven Taylor, in Wales!  Met his lovely wife, Kate, and sister Susie and we all went out to dinner.  Slow-roasted Welsh lamb never tasted so good! (oh don't give me any grief about eating a lamb; they've got plenty there--the hills were crawling with them).

Had the best time reminiscing about the mission and talking religion, economics, politics, medicine, etc... Well actually, I did a large amount of the talking since I was so keyed-up from being alone for a week.  They must have thought I was manic!  But had a wonderful time of it.  Got to see some of the gorgeous countryside and another castle or two.  One of my favorite parts of the trip was when Steven took me to Tesco's, the UK equivalent of Wal-Mart, and he showed me all the good food to try.  Cheese, chocolate, custards and biscuits (cookies). Yum!

I stayed the night and drove back with Steven to London in the morning so he could catch his flight.  This was definitely another high point in my trip!


Steven and I on a view overlooking the countryside.


Town of Caerphilly


Caerphilly Castle ruins


Derrick, are you jealous?  :)


I'm in Wales!


Me with Steven and his wife, Kate.  


At Cardiff Central Station.


Look!  Signs in English and Welsh!

No comments: